Adsense Search

Google
 

Sunday, August 27, 2006

When It Rains It Pours

Oh boy.

We're still waiting for the apartment complex to come fix the hole in the wall they had to make to get to the pipe and fix it. They also are supposed to put new tile in the bathroom and kitchen.

Today we went to Coldstone Creamery and got some ice cream, then decided to go to Borders to read books instead of going to Barnes and Noble. I told Eric that was a good idea since I feel I've pretty much read all of the one Barnes and Nobles quilting books. Or at least looked at them.

We go to Borders, we read, we go out to the car, get in like normal and Eric tries to start the car. Click click click. Lights, dashboard and the radio all come on but the car won't start. So Eric calls his mom so she can come get us and take us home (it's 10 pm at night) and then Eric calls his dad to see if he could come look at the car tomorrow. His dad will be here at 9 am tomorrow to get us so we can go out to the car and try to figure out what is wrong with it.

Hopefully it is just something like the battery doesn't have enough juice to start the car, or there is just corrosion on the battery cables.

I can't remember the exact month but we went to Kroger's once and got groceries and then when we came out and tried to start the car it wouldn't start. Got it towed to the nearest mechanics place and they said it was just that the battery connections were dirty and they cleaned them and the car was working fine. Got it back that same day.

Then June...car was doing a hard shift out of first (it's an automatic) car had been heating up whenever we had the a/c on so we drove around with the windows down. If we had to idle too long we'd have to shut off the car otherwise it would start to heat up too much and we didn't want it to overheat. We took it into the dealership and $2200 later it was fixed. Had to get Eric's dad to put it on his credit card and we are making payments back to him.

And now this with the car.

Not to mention that Eric's company is doing layoffs and they find out on Tuesday who gets laid off and who doesn't. If he gets laid off he gets 8 weeks of severance pay and his 2 weeks vacation, so 10 weeks total.

And then just the other night I had Eric take me to the ER because I was using my albuterol inhaler and my asthma attack wasn't going away. The Dr there gave me a script for prednisone and told me to check up with my normal Dr in a few days.

So we have the old car bill we still owe Eric's dad, this ER bill that will be coming (hopefully that won't cost an arm and a leg!), might possibly have to fix the car again! And Eric may or may not have a job come Tuesday!

I like to blog about my quilting progress but I haven't had much time lately to work on Alex's quilt.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh dear! (((HUGS))) to you. I'll be praying Eric doesn't get laid off and that it's something simple with your car. Kinda sounds like the starter to me but them I'm no mechanic. Just a driver of junky cars for too many years.

Gail said...

Sorry that you are going through all this, it is always such a stressful thing. Will keep you and Eric in my prayers.

Shelina said...

Wow you do have a big list of problems. My prayers are with you, so that all your problems will be solved quickly, most effective long term, and in the least expensive manner.