Adsense Search


Monday, July 09, 2007

Just a quilt update. Haven't really been doing anything on this site in a bit but I still like to keep my quilting journal because I can see my progress as I go along :) Plus I can find other quilting friends!

I actually have the binding almost all the way on it. I'm still trying to do the one side of it. My thread got messed up on my machine when I did the last side (I think its because the bobbin isn't even) so I have to pull out some stitches and start on that side again.

I originally tried to do a mitered border but I didn't know you had to stop 1/4 inch from the edge, fold up the binding, fold it down, THEN turn the thing and start sewing from that new side! I had pinned it down all the way around the quilt (and had done the folding for the mitered corners) and then just sewed all the way around the quilt. It wasn't till I was done that I realized I'd messed it up. So I took it with me in the car to get some black fabric that I would then use for the binding instead of what I bought. And in the car I ripped out some of the stitches for the binding. Took me a bit but I finally got it undone. I'm just doing strips across the top and bottom, then the sides and I'll turn it under and tuck the ends in and use the machine to sew through the original seam from putting the binding onto the whole quilt.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

This gets lovelier and lovelier every time I see it. I have that black fabric, and the blue border one. I really enjoyed using both of those pieces. I generally don't miter borders unless it will make a big difference on the quilt, like if I am using a fabric particularly used for borders, and the mitering is required to make the design flow nicely.